Thursday 22 January 2015

Analysis of band/artist magazine advertisements


Here I have completed another semiotic analysis but this time of band or artist magazine advertisements promoting their album. Similarly to my analysis of digipaks, I have chosen to analyse three poster advertisements that I believe are effective and of famous well-known artists as I know that they are successful and probably because of their way of promoting their albums. Like I have done for the analyse of digipaks, I have analysed the magazine advertisements by analysing each of the codes and conventions seperately so that I am able to be more aware of what I should include in my own magazine advertisement when it comes to creating my own one. From this research I have found similar patterns and that is that the name and image of the artist is on the front cover. I will consider this when creating my own one as I believe that is it effective is the artist is well-known as it will be easily recognisable to the audience. I have also noticed that some of the posters have included the title to some of their most popular songs on the poster so that people who are unaware of the artist but have heard their song, will have an idea on what the album will be like enticing them to purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment