Thursday 1 January 2015

Research into existing record labels

Research into existing record labels is important for the evaluation stage of my coursework. Here I have done some research on the big four record companies in the music industry today. I have looked into each one individually looking out for differences and which ones are most successful. Research on this topic included looking at the different platforms from which the record labels have started from e.g. Universal Music Group was an unimportant extension of the Universal Pictures Group which is one of the most successful movie studios in Hollywood. I have also learned that there are subsidiary labels among these central labels. This research will help me with the evaluation stage of my coursework as it will be easy for me to choose which record label to choose for my own music video and see which one is most appropriate in order for the music video to be more successful. Discovering the different artists that are signed to each label is useful as I will then choose the label which most artists or bands that are similar in genre to my own and are successful in their area as I know that the label that they are signed to are reliable for my own music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment