Thursday 1 January 2015

Research into a music video director


I have done some research on a famous music director - Jonas Akerlund who has directed music videos for popular well-known artists such as Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez and Maroon 5. I have looked at what makes him unique as a director and why he stands out from other typical music video directors. What makes him special is that he has a signiture style that pushes the boundaries of the status quo and he also takes inspiration and produces music videos that are parodies of short films and also trailers of movies. This will help me when it comes to producing and planning for my music video because it has made me aware of what my signiture style will be as a music video director for my own music video. What will make my music video stand out from others and will it be unique. Also, Jonas Akerlund's ideas for music videos that are based on short films or trailers is a good idea because it will make the process of producing my music video easier if I had a base to start with as I can replicate it. I also really like his idea of pushing boundaries of the status quo because I can include aspects of my music video that has never been seen before to make it more unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment