Thursday 22 January 2015

Analysis of existing digipaks


I have created a semiotic analysis of different digipaks that are similar products to what I will be creating. In order to do this, I looked for existing digipaks that I believe are eye-catching and ones that I will want to take inspiration from when it comes to creating my own. I have chosen to analyse digipaks of artists who are successful in the music industry as I believe that their promotion tactics involving the layout and appearance of their digipak is effective which I want my own to be like. Therefore I have chosen to analyse the digipaks of the three artists: Katy Perry, Lana Del Rey and Beyonce. To analyse these digipaks effectively, I seperated each codes and conventions of digipaks in seperate boxes such as colour scheme, masthead and main image and analysed each individual aspect and talked about how effective they are. This will help me with creating my own digipak so I will have an idea on what to include and its typical codes and conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment